Jaisalmer; know the most enchanting tourist place through our eyes!
Jaisalmer Tourism | Looking for authentic Rajasthani theme hotels, huge traditionally built mansions, safari and desert rides, adventurous outdoor activities? The one stop destination is – Jaisalmer. Know all about the Famous places to visit, Venturesome activities to indulge in and Luxurious hotels for a comfortable stay in Jaisalmer in our Jaisalmer Tourism Guide.
Know all about:
- Tourist places in Jaisalmer
- Desert activities for travellers
- How to reach Jaisalmer
- Tour packages for Jaisalmer
- Tourist cities near Jaisalmer
- Best months to visit Jaisalmer
- Best hotels & desert camps in Jaisalmer city & desert area.
Contact us at +91 63764 21821 to know every detail, to the best of our knowledge.
How to reach Jaisalmer
Reach Jaisalmer via train
Jaisalmer Railway Station is well connected via train to major cities like Delhi, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Surat, Jodhpur, Jaipur etc. Consider these trains if you are travelling from one of these cities:
- Ranikhet Express (15014) & Delhi Jaisalmer Express (14659) to reach Jaisalmer from Delhi, Jaipur & Jodhpur.
- Bandra Terminus Jaisalmer (22931) cover Mumbai, Surat & Ahmedabad.
The next best connected city is Jodhpur. Reach Jodhpur Junction, hire a taxi for Jaisalmer which would cost Rs 2500 (sedan), for a 4-5 hour drive. You can reach Jodhpur via:
- Ranakpur Express (14708) to reach Jodhpur from Mumbai, Surat & Ahmedabad.
- ADI JAT Express (19223) to reach Jodhpur from Ahmedabad.
- Suryanagri Express (12480) to reach Jodhpur from Mumbai & Ahmedabad.
Reach Jaisalmer via plane
Jaisalmer airport is open for public from October to March. Some popular flights for Jaisalmer are:
SpiceJetSG-2984: Departure from Delhi at 2:20 pm & reach Jaisalmer by 4:25 pm.
SpiceJetSG-922: Departure from Ahmedabad at 11:25 am & reach Jaisalmer by 4:40 pm (1 stop at Jaipur)
There are limited flights for Jaisalmer & you can get daily/ direct flights only from Jaipur & Delhi.
Reach Jaisalmer via road
A road trip to Jaisalmer can be exciting. You can plan a road trip if you are coming from neighboring states like Gujarat, Delhi etc.
Jaisalmer to Delhi via road: we suggest Delhi-Mandawa-Bikaner-Jaisalmer route.
The best option would be reach Jodhpur before reaching Jaisalmer, then take Delhi-Mandawa-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer route
To reach Jaisalmer from Ahmedabad, we suggest Ahmedabad-Sanchore-Barmer-Jaisalmer route.
You can also visit Udaipur, Jodhpur by taking the Ahmedabad-Himmatnagar-Udaipur-Rajsamand-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer route.
Plan a holiday trip for Jaisalmer
3 days Jaisalmer tour package
Our 3 days Jaisalmer tour package is best for travelers planning to visit only Jaisalmer, as here they can:
- Arrive in Jaisalmer on Day 1 at noon
- Explore Jaisalmer city on Day 1 & 2
- Explore the sand dunes from Day 2 evening
- Jaisalmer local & market tour on Day 3
- Departure on Day 3 by evening.
4 days Jodhpur Jaisalmer tour package
Jodhpur is 4 hour from Jaisalmer & connected with all major cities (Airport/train). So, you can plan a Jodphur Jaisalmer tour where:
- Arrive in Jodhpur on Day 1 morning
- Explore Jodhpur on Day 1 & 2
- Reach Jaisalmer on Day 2 night
- Explore Jaisalmer city on Day 3
- Explore Jaisalmer desert area on Day 4
- Departure from Jaisalmer by Day 5 evening.
7 days Jaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer tour
Another popular tour which contains holidays in Jaisalmer is our 7 days Jaipur, Jodhpur & Jaisalmer tour package where:
- Arrival in Jaipur on Day 1
- Explore Jaipur on Day 1 & 2
- Explore Jodhpur on Day 3 & 4
- Explore Jaisalmer on Day 5 & 6
- Departure on Day 7 from Jaisalmer.
Popular outdoor activities at Jaisalmer
Camel Safari tour
Camel safari is one of the oldest tours at Jaisalmer sand dune area of Sam and Khuri.
Here you hire a camel or camel kart to explore the deep sand dunes area of Sam & the sunset point here is stunning.
Jeep Safari tour
Enjoy dune bashing at Sam sand dunes, in a 4×4 Mahindra Thar jeep available at all desert camps, at a good fare.
Jeep safari tour is for 30-45 minutes where you enjoy a drive at 30-40 meter tall sand dunes of Jaisalmer.
Desert Camps at Sam
Plan a one night stay at a desert camp in Sam sand dunes or Khuri, and enjoy belly dance, fire show with buffet dinner.
The accommodation in these desert camps is in Swiss Tents & a few Cottages.